Are you tired of long days and demanding shifts? Looking for stability, and a hybrid career that allows you to work in-person and at-home with guaranteed work? Look no further!
Lifeguard is a concierge care coordination service which provides the aging population the unique opportunity to safely grow old at home while also bringing peace of mind to loved ones. We utilize state-of-the-art technology to quickly assess a client’s health and wellbeing and maintain a meaningful plan of care. Lifeguard’s experienced registered nurses and interprofessional team of experts complement existing physician relationships to ensure safe and high-quality care coordination. Lifeguard is looking for passionate, hard-working Registered Nurses to join our fast-growing team. We offer an innovative new concept in concierge service that combines in-person and virtual care coordination to patients.
Lifeguard is seeking a Registered Nurse to lead a multidisciplinary care team. Every RN is dedicated to a small cohort of patients to ensure continuity of care, allowing you to build long-lasting relationships and provide personalized care coordination.
As a Lifeguard RN, you will have the opportunity to work alongside our experienced home health partners and interprofessional teams to ensure safe, expert care coordination. We believe in fewer patients to care for, but exceptional in-person and virtual support.
- Manage and support patients’ care coordination needs both virtual and in-person including individualized clinical evaluations of patients; their health needs and concerns
- Conduct patient intake assessments, including detailed medical history
- Conducts individualized clinical evaluations of patients; their health needs and concerns
- Develop personalized action plans
- Continuously evaluate and reassess patients’ progress toward improved outcomes and/or recovery
- Provide education and issue referrals for necessary programs
- Monitor patients’ progress in meeting established goals
- Assess, evaluate, and utilize a nursing diagnosis to follow a plan of care related to physical, cognitive/behavioral, functional, and social factors
- Modify care plans as indicated based on ever changing needs
- Guide, intervene, and advocate on behalf of patients, their caregivers and/or families regarding navigating and comprehending the healthcare system; coordinate resources in the community to ease transitions
- Monitor patients’ progress in meeting established goals and modify care plans as required based on ever changing needs
- Direct care planning process in support of treatment adherence and medication compliance; assist with transitions for patients discharged from an in-patient hospital to the next level of care
- Work closely with the care team to assess and coordinate care, including referral management, care planning, and coordinating community-based and transitional care
- Develop a cohesive and strong team-oriented relationship with physicians and existing care providers (e.g., physicians, therapists, hospital personnel) to plan, evaluate, and implement a plan of care in partnership with the care team to facilitate the best in patient care
- Serve as a direct resource to family and external contacts on issues related to patient care, patient flow and clinical standards, policies, and procedures
- Analyze and utilize technology to support care management and coordination of care
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned.
This opportunity allows you to provide care coordination for patients from both the comfort of your home and the patient’s home. We will provide you with the equipment and software needed such as a computer.
Since we’re dedicated to offering our patients the best care experience possible, a wired, high-speed internet connection is needed as well as a private space free from noise that complies with HIPAA privacy laws, and a workspace for your computer.
You will serve as a highly visible leader, colleague, and mentor, providing leadership, direction and education across Lifeguard Health.
Required Education and Experience
- Active Registered Nurse License
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing; at least 5 years recent experience in case, care or disease management (some of that time is post-acute)
- Must be able to work remotely and in-person
- Ability to identify, disseminate, and execute evidence-based clinical nursing, triage, and care management assessment and implementation strategies
- Maintain a working knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws/regulations; as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior
- Case Management or Care Coordination certification or accreditation
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
Competencies Required to Perform the Position and Key Success Factors
- Comfortability using new technology and software while demonstrating proficient computer skills
- Exercise initiative, judgment, organization, problem-solving, and decision-making
- Collaborate well with medical staff, partners, and organizations
- Working knowledge of chronic conditions, evidence-based guidelines, prevention, and wellness
- Ability to develop chronic disease management strategies and appropriate protocols and guidelines
- Demonstrated program/project management and data analysis skills in population health management, including population health analytics and disease management, and financial optimization
- Experience in developing education curriculum and programs for care management/health coaches
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as demonstrated in oral, electronic and written communication
- Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Must have a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals, and values of Lifeguard Health
Interested in doing meaningful work with a guaranteed salary? We would love to hear what you could bring to the table.